The “Adelphi Kinema” was opened by theMayor of Cape Town in 1930 and comprised of a cinema, restaurant , tea room,children’s nursery and a ladies lounge. Kallenbach, Kennedy and Furner, whowere among the most successful architectural firms of the interwar period inSouth Africa, designed the building. The cinema closed in early-1980’s with theAdelphi Shopping Centre becoming the new landmark.
In early 2016 extensive renovationsbegan, taking approximately 14 months and the new-look shopping galleria wasrelaunched in February 2017. With its tasteful new design it evokes a sense ofstyle, comfort and elegance. Featuring more than 50 carefully curated stores, aPick ‘n Pay, banking facilities, coffee shops, boutiques and speciality stores.Secure parking is available.